Capacitor discharge stud welding with contact
- The capacitor battery will be charged according to chosen charging voltage.
- The stud (with ignition tip) is placed onto the work piece and pressed by a spring in the welding gun onto the work piece (contact). The current circuit is closed.
- After triggering the welding process, the rapidly increasing current evaporates the ignition tip and ignites the arc.
- Stud and work piece are melted.
- The stud is moved forward to the plate.
- The arc is cut as soon as the stud touches the work piece.
- The molten zones are joining and solidifying.
- Welding time is ≤ 3 msec.
- Recommended plate thickness should be 1/10 d, but not less than 0.5 mm.